Tuesday, April 20, 2010

As above, so below

Trust was what Gerald Brommer had written (now matted and hanging above the draft table use to paint on ). Each morning want to read and reinforce this lesson taken from the Kanuga experience. Over the next several weeks will be expanding on reflections from the Conference.

my sketch book contains more "notes" than sketches in looking back over the week. Exposure to these artists (instructors and peers) opens the composition in life. My belief is we define our work by what influences us rather than what changes us.

These things that give uniqueness to your art are the result of who you have become because of every influence in your life.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You have the MOST amazing eyes. A lot like your Art.

Mary Sonya conti said...

Dearest Lou, looking at life straight on I see you reflected and thank you for being in my life!

Sarah said...

Hi Sonya :) I wanted to thank you for visiting me and what kind words you wrote! I was curious about this conference you mentioned so I did a little research and from what I read, I can see why you were on a 'high'!

I have to admit I've had a case of spring fever and have not been able to focus for the challenges, I start but don't finish, which happened last year also!

Mary Sonya conti said...

Sarah, thats what Spring does to us, no worries - just roll with us - The more take in the more need the art to focus for me. Spring will turn to summer and before you know it you'll be in a grove again!

tashabud said...

It sounds like you had a good time at the conference. Nice to see a picture of you. You look just like your self-portrait. I agree with Lou about your eyes. Beautiful.

Tasha

Mary Sonya conti said...

we are such a blend of both of our parents. Many morn have scared the daylights outa myself walk past a mirror going Mom YOUR BACK! Count my blessings that have the eyesight still to paint!

Vikki North said...

You are SO beautiful. Love the blue eyes and dark hair. The expression on your face defines what the trip was for you.