Friday, March 5, 2010

Vikki's Blog



Take time to scan down the right hand side of artist's and friends. Land on Vikki North's creation of Harpo. The writing behind the piece is timeless. Memories flood back from sitting in front of the TV and watching the character who was without a voice yet still able to capture our imagination.(Vikki has lived the world behind the scenes). Oh to pass on the richness of our memories and do them justice later in life. Vikki is the Master "Mistress" of this technique. Be well worth your time spent in reading her blog! (how rich we are by those who share their time and memories so freely)

Lao Tzo said it best "doing- without trying to do".
Read Robert Genn's twice weekly letter posted today. (it's as if Vikki's work was the basis for the letter!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Her portrait of Harpo is just amazing. When I was a little boy, Harpo Marx was my favorite. It hasn't changed much now that I'm an old man. He's still my favorite.

Mary Sonya conti said...

Hi Lou! you can stop it with the old man business (your writing tells the story of just how spry you really are so your not fooling me!)
Older we do get though, the more appreciative we are of what we knew (in my case; fact that remember even, smile).

Vikki North said...

Thank you so much Sonya! (Imagine my surprise to come to your blog see Harpo staring back at me.)

I just thought he was pretty amazing man and do hope he was aware of how he impacted the world. He certainly made us smile and filled our hearts even today.

My biggest concern was to do him justice. I fell in love with his story- to say the least.
Vikki

Mary Sonya conti said...

Vikki, you can't help but smile when you see it. That is a tribute to the man himself.